Thursday, July 29, 2010

Metro Comic Con School Tour CSB Edition



Yesterday was the Metro comic con school tour at the De La Salle-College of Saint Benilde.

I wasn't supposed to be there because I have an errand to do and I'm not a student of that school but due to the "convincing"(LOL) of my friend/guildmate erin whom a student at Saint Benilde.(and also my interest in the field of arts) I end up going there.


I came at Vito Cruz LRT Station at 12:40pm then
I meet up with erin, actually it's my first time to enter their school. It was like "Hello Saint Benilde". Anyway enough with the campus tour lol. The MCC was held at the Green Room at the 10th floor, we came there just in time, then we bump one of erin's friend Reeza whom also going to the MCC so we tag along. when I was up to sign for the entrance form it seems i'm the ONLY(because i'm the only one who signed without the student I.D.) outsider came to the said comic seminar! XD

MCC started with some guess artist like Manix Abrera,Lyndon Gregorio,Danny Acuna(I love how sir Danny joke and tell some stories XD) and some more prominent artist here and abroad(sorry I forgot the other artists =__=) sharing how they started in the comic book industry. They also have a lecture on how create a good portfolio headed by sir Heubert Khan Michael, I personally like that lecture XD

Lastly the portfolio review!(gulp) me and erin had our portfolio reviewed by sir Ernest Hernandez, erin's portfolio was good and she was said that her coloring style was good despite how she hates her coloring XD next was my porfolio, I was shocked how sir Ernest told me how'd he like my rush C.C. fan art seriously!? I was expecting more lecture from him but he said I just need a little bit more balancing the hand structure. it was like "really?? thats all I need to improve? XD"

After our portfolio got reviewed we decided to left because erin still have a class and I was still sleepy XD

Lastly here's a photo of me,erin and reeza with sir Manix Abrera(creator of KikoMachine) XD

P.S. thanks erin for the gate pass XD

No comments:

Post a Comment