Saturday, October 17, 2009

ボンズ

Some say a bond of a teacher and student is unmeasurable...

anyway...

It was July 7, 2001 when I met my master/sensei... I was just only 12years old back then when I met him...

AXN Anime Fest July 7, 2001 at SM Megamall, I was with my mother and my oldest brother. That was my first time to go on a Anime convention and my first time to saw a cosplayer, It's like "WOOW!" when I saw them hahaha!

Then one of the marshals announced that they still need one more contestant for the "On the spot drawing contest" suddenly my mom told me to try and join the contest... I just nodded...

I didn't knew what i'm doing back then... When I saw the works of the other contestants I knew that there's no chance for me yet still... I tried... I drew a chibi version of Cloud Strife the main character of Final Fantasy 7...

Yet i lose the competition...

Then it was autograph signing of Mahiro Maeda. Japan's premier illustrator and director of the TV hit Blue Submarine No. 6 as one of the contestants we were prioritized for the autograph signing! Lucky! hahahaha!

After the signing then suddenly a man came to me and said "Gusto mo ba gumaling?" I was back then "Huh?! sino ka ba?"

I just ignored him back then like my mother usually told me "don't talk to strangers" hahahaha!

As the AXN Anime Fest ended I didn't saw him again...

A year passed it was C3 convention the first Philippine comic book and Animé Convention came... of course me and my oldest brother came to the event... that was my first time I saw Lyndon
Gregorio personally who created the hit comic Beerkada.

And of course there was "On the spot drawing contest" yet i didn't join... I said to myself back then "Sasali nanaman ba ako para matalo?...." I was afraid to lose...

Then before C3 ended I saw him again... The man who said to me "Gusto mo ba gumaling?" then he talk to me again, and before he finished talking i suddenly said to him "Master! gusto ko gumaling!!" then he just said to me "tawagin mo na lng akong sensei"

It was the start of a Bond....

Sensei teach me a lot of things, to simple sketching up to different walks of life...

Sensei just became an inspiration to me...

I remembered back then i asked my sensei why did he choose me to be his student yet i loss at the competition, he just ignored my question.

After two years under his guidance... It was time for my sensei to return to japan... I was sad i didn't knew what to do... but sensei said "Wag ka malungkot.... Ipangako mo sakin na mag iimprove ka parin kahit wala ako....." I was crying when i said to him "Sensei! oo! gagawin ko yan!" then the next day sensei left for his flight to japan...

Years passed it's just me alone.... improving my drawing skills...

More years have passed then suddenly I got a phone call from sensei and he said to me if i want to be an assistant artist i didn't hesitate i said to my self "Eto na! Oras na para patunayan ko kay sensei ung ilang taon ng pag hahanda ko"

One of his colleagues gave me an exam.... A week passed, sensei called to tell me I've passed the exam, I cried when he told me i passed the exam and I'll become his assistant artist i still remember what he told me at the phone "Ikaw parin talaga ung studyante ko.... iyakin ka parin hahaha!"

Up until now sensei still won't answer my question why did he choose me to be his student...

Still i'm glad to have a sensei like him ^^

私はあなたの先生は失敗しません!

4 comments:

  1. awww how cute X3 hahaha!

    that was very lucky of you. i haven't met a permanent sensei throughout my life. while yours.. its almost like an anime story XP

    ah well. iba kasi akin. i meet different people everytime and consider them as my sensei. lol.. make it a faculty XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. ^LOL Faculty hahaha!

    Kung alam mo lng stricto yan si sensei SOBRA!! XD

    ReplyDelete
  3. My sensei is... a JERK hahahahaha....

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahahaha tae mo dex iyakin ka pala!! LOL


    parang ako lang XD

    ReplyDelete